Monday, January 21, 2008

Did You Know My Son Cooked Dinner Tonight?

Did you know my son cooked dinner tonight?

We have all been pretty tired and dragging around here. Today I was trying to get everything gathered up for the evening activities-my husband and I going to a Pilates class and then trying to get dinner ready. Since we did school today and my son was off from school today, he said HE would fix dinner. He offered! And was serious! And he did it all himself (with a little prep help from 7 yr old cousin) and we had a really tasty and nutritious dinner waiting for us when we got home!






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for him! I'm happy to say that my son too is a very good cook. I think it's great!

silken said...

it's even better when it's HIS idea and I don't have to do anything!

my 7 yr old nephew really likes to cook too and I think it's good for him.

silken said...

I forgot to mention, I did not tell him what to cook, he just looked around and put stuff together! pretty good!

kelly said...

what a nice kid, do you think he can train my two? send your swap email again to kLewis@buildingmp.com for some reason gmail isn't letting all my emails through.

tripleZmom said...

How awesome! You have a great kid.

silken said...

hi kelly, just sent the email to that address. thanks for getting with me and for visiting my blog!

my son really came through for me last night! :)

silken said...

it was awesome jerseygirl! hey, you could do this dinner-I don't think he really "cooked" anything! he made up a black bean salsa using what we had on hand: can of black beans, can of corn, can of green chilis-all drained-chopped a tomato and added some olive oil. then for the tacos, tortillas, Canned refried beans. package of pre-cooked grilled chicken. and side fixin's. he cut up all the fruit for the salad too! I think he did an excellent job and we all surely enjoyed it!