Saturday, January 26, 2008

Did You Know About the Titanic Exhibit?

Did you know about the Titanic exhibit?

I learned earlier this week that beginning today at Moody Gardens in Galveston, there will be an exhibit on the Titanic. Patrons will receive a mock boarding pass to help recreate the feel of boarding the ship in 1912. Each boarding pass will have the name of an actual passenger on board at the time of its sailing. The journey is presented chronologically, from construction, to life on board, to the final demise and the artifact recovery. Visitors will view authentically recreated rooms, touch an iceberg, and hear stories of the passengers themselves. I am looking forward to being able to visit this exhibit. It will be brought to the Gardens by RMS Titanic, the only company permitted by law to recover items from the wreckage.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When she was a child, my mother was scheduled to go on that ill-fated trip, but fell ill and her parents had to put off the trip.

tripleZmom said...

I saw that exhibit when it was in Kansas City years ago! It was really cool.

silken said...

oh my goodness montucky!!! I don't know how to respond....I am glad she was sick!

jerseygirl-I am glad to hear that! I am looking forward to going to see the exhibit.

silken said...

my kids were pretty speechless at your comment montucky! my son said "he must be old" and my daughter said she wanted to cry. they both said they were glad your mom was sick...WOW!

Anonymous said...

Thanks your kids for their concern, silken! I was touched by that.