Sunday, January 6, 2008

Did You Know I Received the ROAR award?

Did you know I have received the ROAR award?

Like many other bloggers I've come in contact with lately, I have been awarded with a ROAR .

I am supposed to give three writing tips and pass the award on. There are so many good writers out there and I do not feel qualified to give any tips. Since the only writing I do is blog based, I am going to focus my non-qualified tips on blog writing.

1. Roam-get out of you own blog world and into the big cyber world of other blogs. It's all about networking-read other blogs, comment and link back. This is a good way to make blog friends and raise traffic to your blog as well as your blog's page rank.

2. Opportunities-take advantage of opportunities with your blog. Whether you blog for money or for self satisfaction or anything in between, be sure to take advantage of all opportunities presented to build your blog. Opportunities to post ads bring money to your paypal account. Opportunities to play these little games result in more traffic and links for your blog-and they are fun too! Opportunities to learn and share with others seem to be inherent in blogland. Be sure to take advantage of every opportunity you get with your blog.

3. Align your blog-I like to keep my blogs within certain parameters. Keeping the blog aligned or focused is a good way to build readership and maintain a stable blog. It also helps me keep the blog going in the direction I want it to go and allows me to have a "pattern" to follow while posting.

4. Reply-we all love to see comments on our blogs. One way to get more comments, and more traffic, is to reply back to these comments, the more prompt the reply, the better the interaction.

Ok, yes, this is more than three tips but I wanted to take the opportunity to use each letter in the ROAR award to present my tips!

I would like to take the opportunity to send this award on to some bloggers I have only just met as well as some of my old favorites!

zootalk
inklings
kiwipulse
fron tools
everyday weekender


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great advice -- I can see why you needed to give 4 tips! I posted mine here

silken said...

thanks for playing along. that would be very cool if Barbara would join in! ;)