Thursday, January 10, 2008

Did You Know How to Make a Volcano Sundae?

Did you know how to make a volcano sundae?







If you know me, you know that I find ways to connect lessons with our senses. This week we have been reading about volcanoes so today we made volcano sundaes for dessert. My daughter took some chocolate ice cream and put it into different shaped containers to form the different shapes of volcanoes. She did a shield volcano, a dome volcano and a cinder cone volcano. The little boys crushed chocolate sandwich cookies for dirt and ash, and I cut strawberries for lava.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now there's a lesson plan that would bring me back to the class!

silken said...

oh yeah! I had a hard time restraining from this one today!

we also shook up sodas-one hot and one cold-to see which formed more pressure.

we sure had fun today! :)