Thursday, January 17, 2008

Did You Know About Volkssporting?

Did you know about volkssporting?

I had not heard this term before, but I love the idea! Coming up this weekend is a local volkssporting event , a volkswalk. These are family friendly events which are open to anyone of any age (children under 12 must be with an adult.) It is a free event. You choose your own start time (within the given time frame) and participate in the 10K walk. You can go at a leisurely pace and enjoy the historic sights and sounds of your local route. The route is monitored with check points throughout. It sounds like a wonderful way to spend some time together enjoying local points of interest you may have otherwise overlooked.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My daughter spent some time in Germany, and they did something similar there. She said it was just great!

silken said...

I really wanted to go to this event. (though I am sure it would be MUCH more fun to do in Germany!!) it just did not work out for us this weekend; too much to do otherwise. but I am hoping there will be another one soon! I really want to join in on this! and now I'll know to be aware of these in many different places!