Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Did You Know How To Make Envelopes from a Calendar?

Did you know how to make your own envelopes?

One of the young girls at church (4 yr old) is fascinated with "good mail". She loves to get and send mail. She loves it so much that she saved her pennies to buy her very own box of envelopes.

I gave her some envelopes I had that a friend had given me years ago (she worked for a card company) that had flowers and graduation designs on them. My little friend loved them. I wanted to find some other envelopes for her and thought maybe I could make some for her. I found a great idea on line to make your own envelopes out of an old calendar. Perfect timing as it was the end of the year and I had a good sturdy calendar to use to make the envelopes. I opened up an old envelope and folded it to a size to fit within the calendar page. Then I traced around it, cut it out, folded the tabs and taped them together to form a really cool envelope. I also sent the pattern with her so she could make some envelopes on her own.







No comments: