Monday, August 31, 2009

Did You Know What We Did On Our Beach Holiday?

Did you know what we did on our beach holiday?

I promised the kids we would do nothing, no museums, no tours, no planned outings. Just sit on the beach and relax! First thing, the kids wanted to eat at the "original" Whataburger.



My husband and I skipped the fast food and went to eat at Pier 99 once the kids were done.

We spent two days at Whitecap beach. My cousin had recommended this beach on Padre Island. We preferred it to Corpus Christi Bay. Very clean, nice sand (not many shells though), great waves and not too crowded. You do have to have a parking permit to park on the beach, but it's good for the rest of the year.









On our last morning, the kids were able to jet ski (you can only do this on the bay, not the National Seashore.)


It was their first time and they really enjoyed it!





I even saw dolphins a couple of times (enlarge the picture and look very close on the right for the fin!)

3 comments:

Mamadeus said...

heyy really cool blog! check mine out. i need some word of mouth help :)

Anonymous said...

Very pretty beach and surf! I haven't been to an ocean beach for many years. I loved it in North Carolina and Washington state. It was good for you to have time to just relax!

silken said...

it was fun! yes, we needed it!