Monday, August 3, 2009

Did You Know How to Obtain a Copy of Proof of a Former Address?

Did you know how to obtain a copy of proof of a former address?

We received a letter from the Texas Dept. of Insurance saying that money is owed to us. We do have to prove that we lived at a certain address from 1991-1992, which we did. But that was so long ago that we don't know if we have any documentation from that time. All we can think of is to look for old tax returns. My husband is supposed to look for that this week. Other than that, I don't know how to prove we lived at an address 15 years ago!


Montucky said...

Possibly voting records or driver's license records. If you owned the house, the county tax rolls or property records should be there.

silken said...

thanks. we used our tax records. we did not own the house and would have no idea how to find our landlord.