Thursday, February 12, 2009

Did You Know We've Got Our Celtics Tickets?

Did you know we've got our Celtics tickets?

I ordered our tickets to the game last night online. It is always with a little trepidation that I do things like that online. I found the best seats at the cheapest rate possible. We opted for the upper level instead of behind the basket. We should have a pretty good view, though it will be bird's eye!

I was not sure how long it would take for the tickets to arrive. We leave in one month so I put a note on the order stating our departure date and needing to have them in hand before then, or left at will call. I got a call today from the ticket agent saying that the tickets will be Fed Exed on Monday! That sure made me feel better about ordering them online.

On another note, when ordering these tickets, you can't look only at the price they are offered at. Many of these agents charge large fees. I found one agent selling the ones we bought for $75. They also added a $56 service fee and $15 shipping fee. That added up rather quickly! Instead I ordered from a "no fees" agent who sold them at a little higher price, but without the service fee. We came out over $50 better with that deal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're a good shopper, Silken! After all that, I hope it will be a good game!

Anonymous said...

I see on the news this morning, the Celtics are hot! 44 - 11!

silken said...

I did do a lot of homework and searching trying to find the right tickets. I had a better set I was looking at, but just waited too long...we are all looking forward to the game and hope it's a great one! hey, nothing better than seeing a hot team playing a good game! should be lots of fun! my son is pumped, even if we are up in the "nosebleed" section!