Saturday, February 14, 2009

Did You Know I Have Improved on My Swim Time?

Did you know I have improved on my swim time?

Last year I began training for a triathlon. My swimming is definitely my weakest event. I am wanting to do another triathlon in May this year. This race's swim is done in a pool. Because of this, you have to fill out an accurate swim time on the registration form. I wanted to get an idea of what my time is so I tried timing myself today. It is not 100% accurate, but it was enough for me to see some improvement in my time over the last year. Last March I swam the equivalent of 10 laps in an open bay in 18+ minutes, which I was very happy with at the time. Today I swam 6 laps in 7 1/2 minutes, and 10 laps in 12 1/2 minutes. This is a big improvement for me. I would like to get the time down a bit on the 10 laps, but I was really happy to see some improvement in my time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent improvement!

silken said...

thanks! I was happy! :)