Thursday, November 27, 2008

Did You Know I Set My Personal Record This Morning?

Did you know I set my personal record this morning?

We got up to do a small local 5K run this morning. It was the first event put on by the local running club. My husband ran right along with me and kept me encouraged and helped me with my pace. As we neared the turn around, I realized that no girls had passed us yet. There was a teenaged girl in front of us and another girl. At first I did not think I could catch them, but when I saw the teenager walking, I thought I could do it! I told my husband we needed to catch the girls in front of us. He helped me to increase my pace and stride and helped me to regulate my breathing. If not for his encouragement every step of the way I don't think I would have been able to set my PR this morning. As we passed the last girl ahead of me, I was really feeling the hurt in my stomach. But we kept on and pulled a little away from her. I finished the race at 27:12 which also put me as the top female finisher of the race!! And since this is the first annual turkey trot, it also means I hold the course record!! So now my 15 seconds of fame will last for a whole year!!

The whole thing is really unbelievable to me!!



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! And the success of your conditioning is another great thing to be thankful for!

Heather's House said...

YEAH!! That's AWESOME!

Happy Turkey Day!

hifidel said...

Actually... yes I did know! The news traveled all the way to the other side of the globe! Can you imagine??? How's that for your 15 minutes of fame?

Congratulations! I am very proud of you!

Holly said...

Whoop-Tee-Do to you!! That's so exciting. Glad y'all ran together and had such a good time.

silken said...

thanks everyone!! i am really excited about it! pretty great feeling! :)

Your Other Mom said...

That is sooo EXCELLENT! I'm sooo proud of you. And what a great hubby to be there and encourage you! Kudos to both of you.

silken said...

thank you!