Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Did You Know About Post Election Blues?

Did you know about post election blues?

It's not that I really thought the guy I voted for had any real chance of winning. I just did not want either of the other two to win! I actually was praying for some sort of "miracle"! But we went to bed with Obama as the president elect. I think he scares me more than Clinton (Bill I mean, Hillary, about the same!) As I fear the kind of place we are handing down to our kids, I cannot think of anywhere far away to run to that doesn't have its own problems/issues/downfalls. I know that is the nature of this world. I guess I just need some sort of get away. Maybe a cruise or time in the mountains or Orlando vacations are just what I need to cure these post election blues!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have felt for some time and still do that as long as a candidate from either of the two major parties wins, America loses, and therefore knew that I would feel a sickness in my stomach this morning. (Go for the time in the mountains!)

silken said...

I sure do wish I could pack up and head to the mountains montucky, but it still would not be far enough away, though it might give time to clear my head a little and then I may never want to come back! :)

my son said there were "fights" at school, not physical fist fights, but lots of words flying yesterday...guess what we are teaching our kids!

but how how do we get some other guy in office? folks say they really want change but are too scared (?) to vote out of party for real change...and I hear so many folks around here talk about a return to conservative values within the Republican party, but then the folks they name as "good leaders" are not those upholding "conservative" ideals...I don't know...the whole thing really is stomach churning!!

Anonymous said...

The good news, Silken, is that there are more and more folks starting to feel the same way we do, and more of them are talking about it. That's the beginning! There are still good folks around: let's hope there are enough!