Monday, November 3, 2008

Did You Know About My Grandpa's Yard?

Did you know about my grandpa's yard?

My backyard is rather plain. You might even call it "blah". It is large enough for us to enjoy. We have even had a small garden in the past. I wish we were able to have a larger one this next year. I would love it if I could have one like my grandpa.

His whole yard is nothing but garden areas. The backyard is a vegetable garden. The side and front (he lives on a corner) are filled with hundreds of plants and flowers. They are all beautiful! Around the edge of the house is more garden area. He’s got poinsettias and lilies and even flowering okra next to the house. Even his front walk is lined by carrots! But one of the most beautiful sights in his yard are the areas around the birdfeeders! I am not sure how many feeders he has, at least two. But he attracts a great many birds each day!

We all love sitting and watching the antics of the birds that come to feed in his yard. Among our favorites of course are the cardinals and the hummingbirds. I think the hummers are my very favorites! It is a lovely way to spend a relaxing afternoon!

I found some really unique hummingbird feeders today that would really spruce up my own backyard. I've never seen these mobile types and I would love the see the hummers in my own backyard!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That mobile is a great idea! I'll have to remember to make one for next summer.

silken said...

I know! I love it and thought it was such a cool idea!