Monday, November 24, 2008

Did You Know I Have Been Trying to Plan Menus Each Week?

Did you know I have been trying to plan menus each week?

I have gotten myself into the habit of making a menu for the week before grocery shopping. It helps to keep me to the list and helps keep me sane when it’s time to make dinner! We are always so busy that I don’t usually have time to wonder what’s for dinner and try to plan it out that afternoon. But if I make a menu, I can have all the ingredients on hand for meals for every night. I don’t necessarily plan which night will be which dinner, though sometimes circumstances demand a quick meal, a crock pot meal, or one that takes more prep time. Over all, even though it can seem drudgery, planning a menu each week has really helped me out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have a friend who does that and has for years and it works well for her. We've never been that organized I guess.

Holly said...

That's a great habit. I tried it for a while but fell off the wagon. It's certainly more calming when you have a plan and the groceries ready to go. Good for you!

silken said...

yes, I have done this off and on, but it really does help when I can get disciplined enough to plan ahead. it makes the shopping trips easier and my whole week goes easier! last week, I failed to do it and ended up going to the store 3-4 times that week just to get "whatever for dinner that night"!