Sunday, October 14, 2007

Did You Know Queen Elizabeth I Was Black and White and Red All Over?

Did you know Queen Elizabeth I was black and white and red all over?

At least that is the expression used in one book we read this week. Queen Elizabeth I was a very beautiful and well loved queen during her reign. She was sought after by many suitors. It seems however as she aged, she ordered all the mirrors taken from her palace. She wore red wigs and white make up to hide her age. She was unable however to hide her black teeth (the result of too many sweets!)

2 comments:

tripleZmom said...

How bizarre. Have you watched the movies? I haven't, but I want to.

silken said...

no, I just saw that it was out. I want to read a review to see if it will be ok to take my kids. I do want to see it though and the timing is perfect!