Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Did You Know About our Saturday Deluge?

Did you know about our Saturday deluge?

I took my daughter to see Broadway Across America’s Wizard of Oz today. (Great show!) Just after intermission, I got a call from my neighbor. I did not answer since the show was underway again. After the show, my daughter said she had also gotten a text from another young neighbor. I knew something was wrong then…

I called back to find out that our neighborhood had flooded while we were gone! Everything was fine, no water in the house, though it did come up to the door and in the garage. The car that my son drives was parked out on the street. The water was up to the side door windows! By the time we got home, the water had gone down, but was still standing inside the Jeep (Cherokee)! It was gross! And we’ll see how well we are able to dry it out.



Here is a shot our neighbor took about 30 minutes after the water started receding:

2 comments:

Daesha said...

Oh no! I hope you were able to dry the truck out again, that it doesn't smell too stinky, and that the electrical wiring is okay. Happened in our neighborhood, too.

silken said...

looks like we lost it, but are going to try some things to make sure...