Monday, April 6, 2009

Did You Know About Media Rooms?

Did you know about "media rooms"?

Our friends have a "media room". My daughter says it's pretty cool with black carpet and red walls. But she doesn't think there is enough seating. There are two "video chairs" on the floor, and other than that, you need to bring your blankets to lay on the floor. I don't know if they are planning on getting new furniture, maybe some Berkline theater seats, or if they are going to leave it open like that. Either way, I like having the TV in a place outside of the family room. I like the idea of "purposeful TV watching" as opposed to just having it on all day or being the focus of the family area.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like that idea too!

silken said...

our house is like that too, no tv in the living room when you first walk in. we don't have a fancy media room, but I do try to be mindful about what I/we watch...