Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Did You Know How to Make Black Bean Salsa?

Did you know how to make black bean salsa?

I posted yesterday about the black bean salsa that I made up. I found a recipe on a can of black beans and thought it sounded good. As I am lazy and did not feel like chopping up all the veggies (and I just cannot chop onions, they really bother me) I adjusted the recipe a bit. Besides, I wanted to make a lot more than the original called for. So here is how I went about making this delicious salsa:

3 large cans black beans
5 cups corn (I used frozen)
3 cans Rotel
2 bottles Italian Dressing
1 1/2 cup chopped onions (I bought pre-chopped, it's the only way I can do them!)
1 can chopped jalepenos (yes, I wimped out and bought the canned ones!)

Drain the beans and Rotel. Mix everything well. Let marinate at least 1 1/2 hours. This recipe made up 8 jars (well, 7 jars and one yogurt container.) Enjoy!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I printed out the recipe and we'll try it! I'm already looking forward to it!

silken said...

good stuff! I hope you like it! I thought using the cans of rotel would be so much easier than chopping all those tomatos and chilis. It is super easy. But it makes a ton! I have not tried freezing it, but don't know why that wouldn't work....(or just cut down on the recipe of course)

silken said...

btw, I didn't let it marinate before I jarred it; I figure it could marinate in the jar just as well...

Anonymous said...

We'll try it soon. Didn't know what Rotel was but had to go to the city today and found some there. It looked so good we bought several extra cans!