Monday, May 2, 2011

Did You Know A Fun Substitute for Chocolate Chips?

Did you know a fun substitute for chocolate chips?

My daughter wanted a big cookie for her birthday yesterday (she doesn't like cake) but I did not have chocolate chips. I did however have chocolate kisses left from a dinner the night before. I told her I could chop those up for chunks or just make a deep dish cookie and leave the kisses whole. She liked that idea! So I used a deep dish round stone baker and filled it with the cookie dough using the kisses as giant chocolate chips. I had to cook it about 30 minutes but it turned out great!

A friend of mine said she buys the holiday kisses when they go on clearance and chops them up and freezes them to use as chocolate chunks. Seems like the perfect substitute!

3 comments:

Montucky said...

I love chocolate, and that cookie sounds wonderful!

Heather's House said...

That sounds so yummy. I think I will make one now! I am hungry all of a sudden.

silken said...

it turned out pretty good. and using the chopped up kisses worked out well later for a friend's birthday cookie!