Sunday, May 22, 2011

Did You Know About Infant Sleep Sacks?

Did you know about infant sleep sacks?

After one MESSY incident involving an infant removing her DIRTY diaper upon awaking from a nap, I was informed about "sleep sacks". The little girl's mom told me to leave her in a onesie (which she was not wearing that day) or that she uses a sleep sack at night. The sleep sack is basically a blanket with arm holes and a zipper. It is a way to keep the baby wrapped up, nearly swaddled.

Since I am a proponent of swaddling, and that is how I always put the baby to sleep, I was interested. Especially since she is getting too big to swaddle with her blanket. I tried to figure out a way to use a sleep sack and came up with the idea of using a king size pillow case. I just slip it up over the baby's legs and she is ready for a nap wrapped up so comfy, and yet not too hot. And when she wakes up, she can still get out of the pillow case allowing her to move around as she wakens. It's a kind of home made "sleep sack".

No comments: