Monday, January 17, 2011

Did You Know Aggressive Therapy Can be Helpful in Recovery?

Did you know aggressive therapy can be helpful in recovery?

I don't know why it's taken so long to recover from my surgery or why I've had minor setbacks, but  I have learned this past week just how much healing aggressive therapy can lend. I have been having heel pain in the same foot that I had surgery on last summer. I went to a chiropractic clinic with a sports medicine focus. They have had me come in every day last week since Wednesday. I have had tissue work, ultrasound, electronic stimulation, ice and stretching each session. I was already feeling better by today!

So, I started some rehab exercises as well today. Now I am looking at eight more sessions which will hopefully give me the strength I need to keep working on it from there myself. The other approaches are still a part of the plan as well. This is to help get out all the scar tissue and to help with range of motion.

While this is not cheap, I am more hopeful now than I was just last week. I am so looking forward to being back where I want to be and doing the things I want to do...

2 comments:

Montucky said...

That seems good to me. The big thing is that it's an active, positive program and if it is working, go for it!

silken said...

I have been surprised at how effective!