Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Did You Know It's Easy to Withdraw a Student from Public School?

Did you know it's easy to withdraw a student from public school?

I have never withdrawn a child from public school, but this year my son has decided to homeschool again to finish up his high school years. (He says high school is over-rated!) I was anxious about how to withdraw him and how I was going to get his transcript. It actually turned out to be no problem at all. I had printed out a letter of withdrawal/intent to homeschool letter just in case (this is what all homeschool sites say to do), but I did not need it. The school had a short form to fill out and they checked that he will be homeschooled. Then I signed it and they printed out his official transcript right there. All done within fifteen minutes!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps they knew you?

silken said...

well, weird thing is my daughter just enrolled there and they thought I wanted to withdraw her (I do, but we are letting the kids choose at this point)