Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Did You Know I was Able to Find a New Route?

Did you know I was able to find a new route?

I am not used to driving through the city. So when taking my son back to camp, I was ok with leaving after rush hour. However, as we came to downtown at 8pm, I noticed the traffic completely stopped. I hated to sit through that. I have sat there before for an hour and we were meeting my husband so I did not want to wait. I decided to brave it and follow another highway around. I knew it would meet the highway we wanted on the other side of downtown, I just was not sure how to get to it. But as I followed it along, I noticed there were signs saying I could catch the highway I wanted. I was thrilled when I saw the entrance and got on with no problem. It might have even ended up being faster than if the traffic was flowing at a normal rate on the highway I had abandoned! I was very happy to have taken the chance to try a new route. And even happier that I did not get lost or have to back track at all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have memories of traffic delays in big cities too: they are not pleasant ones. I always found that learning my way around a new city was a complex and amazing experience.

silken said...

at least I had some idea of where I was going and knew I could follow the highway until I found an entrance. I just don't usually have the confidence to do so; I was glad to have done it!