Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Did You Know How I Avoided Being Team Mom?

Did you know how I avoided being "team mom"?

Last night we registered my daughter for her homeschool volleyball league. I did not/do not want to be team mom, one of the only positions left for volunteers by the time I saw the list. (Never mind I already had the water bottles from last year and thought I stated my intention to be the "water mom".) So instead of signing up for team mom, which I am not cut out for, I signed up for "team photographer"! Thankfully they only want photos and not videos, since I don't have camcorders but I do have a digital camera. I am not sure how they will turn out, as I am no great photographer, but I would sure rather do that than be team mom!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would think that would be fun to do! Learning to shoot action events will be a challenge!

silken said...

yeah, I am actually looking forward to it. I looked back at some of last years shots I took and I found a couple of good ones. I went to a club site that has tips on taking good volleyball shots. one thing I do miss on my old camera is the action setting, where it takes quick repeat shots back to back to back w/just one click. I will have to play w/ my camera some to figure out how to get some better shots.