Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Do You Know Why My Blogging Has Lagged?

Did you know why my blogging has lagged?

Yes, I am busy and don't have time to do the blogging the way I'd like. But the real main reason that I don't blog every day or two is because we still cannot keep an internet connection! It is unbelievable to me that a company the size of Comcast cannot maintain it's service in a continuous fashion. They were at our house on Thursday and Friday. It worked for Saturday. It has not worked since Sunday. They were out to our house yesterday. They do not know what is wrong. Every single time we call they can do nothing but send out a technician. We have to start at square one with each call. Then the tech can fiddle around or put in a work order for a line tech. My neighbor asked the tech yesterday to please request that they put in a whole new line-which they supposedly did a couple of months ago. It is beyond frustrating. I really am suspecting we are on Candid Camera or they are just playing a game with us in some way. It works for a little while, then goes out for days and no one can tell us why! Though it is getting in the way of blogging, what frustrates me to a greater extent is our inability to access information, shop, and the kids to do their school work. Internet access is basically mandatory these days for students. If you don't have it at home, they must go to the library or a friend's house to complete assignments. And worse is when you think you have it at home and cannot access it!

3 comments:

Holly said...

I think I saw Alan Funk in your shrubs...

Anonymous said...

How frustrating that must be! I'm about 6 months into a 2 year commitment for my DSL line, but I've decided after that to go to satellite internet. The costs are comparable and I actually trust the equipment more that the phone company's.

silken said...

you know, I've never checked into satellite....

thanks, Holly!