Monday, August 11, 2008

Did You Know I Got a New Bike?

Did you know I got a new bike?

My old bike was about 13 years old. I have had continuous problems with the gears. And every time I ride it, I got grease from the chain on my legs and clothes. And it was heavy and slow.

We went to the bike shop on Friday. I looked at road bikes, but they start at about $1000, too much for me! When the guy looked at my old bike, he showed me a cross between a mountain bike and a road bike. Kind of like a road bike with straight handle bars.

I love it! It's shiny and red. It was half the price. He let me take it for a test ride! I came home with this:



It's much lighter and faster than my old bike. I had smaller tires put on it for an even faster ride. I did buy CO2 and an inflate kit, just in case !

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice looking bike! The way gas prices are going, we'll all be riding one.

silken said...

I would love to ride this more, in "daily life". Our town is just not set up to be able to do it very safely, but hopefully more people (including city leaders!) will catch on!

tripleZmom said...

What a great looking bike! We're always talking about taking up biking, but I think we'll be holding off until I have this baby!

silken said...

we have always enjoyed biking/cycling. it is a nice leisurely way to get some exercise (ok, not always leisurely!) we had seats for the kids on the back when they were young and we would ride all over town (small town at the time) and go see friends, etc. even when they had the chicken pox, once they felt up to it, we loaded them on the back of the bikes. good way to get out for fresh air w/o exposing other folks.

of course, we only had two kids. w/ three I guess you can get a trailer to pull behind you! and before you know it, they'll be out riding you!