Friday, October 30, 2009

Did You Know My New Running Focus?

Did you know my new running focus?

I just got back from the Doctor. I have been dealing with plantar fasciitis (again) for the last 6-8 weeks. I could not get it resolved on my own, so now I am letting the doc help me out. Deep tissue massage, lots of stretching and he now told me to use a foam roller as well. As for my running he said I could run some. Run about 1/4-1/2 mile, then stretch for at least five minutes. Then I could probably run up to another mile. And of course stretch again. I have one stretch I have to do at least five times a day. As for my running focus, he said it is not distance and it is not time. It is about getting my leg stretched out. During this time I have not done a good job on changing my diet. I don't want to resort to weight loss pills! At least there is still swimming, weights, spinning and the elliptical machine to keep me going. And a new focus.

No comments: