Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Did You Know That Today is the Historical Peak of Hurricane Season?

Did you know that today is the historical peak of hurricane season?

I heard that on the news this morning. I was surprised. Hurricane season lasts from June to November. I guess when I think back over the last several years, September has been a busy time for hurricanes. And we are under a hurricane watch as I type. Ike is likely headed pretty near us. We will determine whether to board up and run or stay tomorrow or Friday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you would be threatened by Ike. I sure hope he leaves you untouched!

silken said...

it's pretty close. we will likely be right in its path. as of right now, land fall is very near by...we are boarded up and are planning on staying...we'll see how it looks tomorrow before making a final decision...