Thursday, September 25, 2008

Did You Know One Of The Most Sold Out Items After the Storm?

Did you know one of the most sold out items after the storm?

If you guess generators or gasoline, that would be a great guess. But those items are coming back in stock. I went today to find a particular item. A common, everyday item. My husband had told me that the news mentioned that the stores were sold out of this. I kind of laughed him off. Until I went to one grocery store and could not find it...because they were sold out. I did find some at another grocery store, but there were lots of them sold.

If you guessed that this item is baking soda, you are right! I guess when two million people all clean out their fridges at once and then get to re-stocking, there isn't enough baking soda to go around!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have guessed that, but it sure makes sense. It's really sad that so many folks lost so much food during that time, but without power it would be tough!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
silken said...

I know! I would not have guessed it either! it was tough for those who lost all their food. we were lucky to have neighborhood cookouts every night for most of that week. we all got together and shared our food. it helped all of us out in and helped us keep our spirits up too. it was like a big party atmosphere! :)