Thursday, November 24, 2011

Did You Know About Ironman Events?

Did you know about Ironman events?

Last weekend I was blessed to be able to attend my husband's first Ironman race. It was a HUGE event. I think the MDot (Ironman logo) is a trademarked logo and it has all become pretty big business and a very big event. There were lots of tents with banners set in retractable banner stands marking each tent. With all the tents for vendors, athletes, volunteers and food, it made up a little village! There were 2400+ athletes competing, 4000 volunteers and as many spectators as it takes to encourage that many athletes! It was very exciting and I am so glad to have been a part of it. It takes a lot of work, from little jobs to big organizing jobs, to put on such a gargantuan event!

2 comments:

Montucky said...

That event is huge! I can't imagine!

silken said...

it would blow your mind! I had no idea. but it was lots of fun!