Sunday, April 10, 2011

Did you know that college fees can sure add up quickly?

Did you know that college fees can sure add up quickly?

And not just the tuition and rooming prices, but prices for student's books and supplies take a heavy toll on our wallets.  Not long ago when I was visiting a couple friends of mine at their university, they were telling me about their medical course, and how they had to purchase many of their own supplies like medical lab coats for the class.

I was actually quite surprised because I thought that necessary, basic supplies such as scrubs and coats were covered in the initial cost of the course.  But it seems like colleges are finding more and more ways to gain as much money as possible from their students.  But in the end I hope it will pay off for them once they work hard to finish the course, become doctors, and earn their own true uniforms and scrubs.

1 comment:

Montucky said...

College expenses in general are very scary these days. I think I liked to old days better, when the emphasis was on education, not gizmos.