Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Did You Know How to Quickly Recover from a Sprain?

Did you know how to quickly recover from a sprain?

After all these weeks of therapy and getting back the strength and stability needed for the activities I want to do, I sprained my ankle last week! On the same foot that I'd had surgery on. It was nothing exciting, just jogging through the neighborhood. I was pretty bummed about it, especially since my first triathlon this season was only ten days away!

A few hours after I turned my ankle I decided to call the health care center who has been providing my recent therapy. They told me to come in. I could not take even a touch to the injury site, but after some ultrasound, ice therapy and electric stimulation, I was feeling ok. I actually went back for a second treatment that same day. That helped A LOT! The next day the swelling was down and I was feeling better. I did have to wear a "boot" all weekend and continue treatments every day (missing Saturday and Sunday) and keep bathing it in ice at least three times a day.

But now I can walk on it and the doc even thinks I'll be able to do most of my triathlon this weekend!

We'll see.....

2 comments:

Montucky said...

Bad luck that you had the sprain, but good that you got help to work on it. It's amazing how the body can heal with just a little help. Good Luck!

silken said...

I can't believe how quickly the sprain was able to heal with these treatments. I am usually a slow healer!!