Friday, May 8, 2009

Did You Know I've Got to Get Back to Running?

Did you know I've got to get back to running?

Ever since I did the half marathon on New Year's Day, I have not run over eight miles. By now I was hoping to be running at least ten miles with no walking, if not thirteen. That way I could stay in shape, stay strong, eat what I want without the aid of the top weight loss pills. Not only have I not worked my way back up to the mileage I was shooting for, I just don't even have the time. Getting in more than six miles is asking for a lot of time, especially when combined with other training. I have the desire, but can't seem to make it all come together. Hopefully soon, hopefully by the end of the year. If not, then probably when my daughter goes to public school. Then I will for sure need something to fill my day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I don't run any more, but my longer conditioning hikes take a lot of time. You really have to be dedicated to it to keep up.

silken said...

I did get a long run in last night. longest one since I've been working on getting my foot well. I don't know if I can call it a "run" as my husband was heading out the door to come look for me since I took so long!