Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Did you know that athletes are sometimes banned from listening to music?

Did you know that athletes are sometimes banned from listening to music? At some track and field meets, it is no longer acceptable for a runner to listen to music as he or she warms up.  The reason for this is that music can pump up or motivate people, and that is apparently considered an "unfair advantage" in today's sports world.  I agree that music is a great motivator, but an unfair advantage, I'm not so sure.  Perhaps it would be legal if they played music over the speakers so that all the runners were on the same page.  Whatever the case, I sure hope that my music privileges are never revoked.  I like to jam everywhere I go.  My favorite headphones are the sound canceling type that go over your head, but those aren't a very easy option for people who are working out.  So if you as an athlete are looking for a music source, check out this site that will let you buy in ear headphones so that you can work out and jam too.

No comments: