Thursday, July 28, 2011

Did You Know It's Still Free to Park on Galveston Seawall?

Did you know it's still free to park on Galveston seawall?

I went to the island yesterday for a change of scenery for my long run. I was trying to decide where to park since I knew that the vote had passed to start charging for parking along the seawall. I was surprised to see that parking on the seawall is still free-for now. Probably staring Jan. 1, the paid parking will go into effect along Galveston's seawall. It will cost $1/hour, $8/day or there is set to be a $25 annual parking pass. Seventy-five percent of the funds raised from the parking will go into improvements for the seawall. Slated among the enhancements are to be showers, restrooms and lighting. I think those will be good additions along the seawall.

2 comments:

Montucky said...

I guess in a way it's a good way to support the place, but still... it's another tax.

silken said...

yeah, it's a pro/con situation. there is hardly anywhere to park for free on the island as it is