Thursday, March 10, 2011

Did You Know About Buying Used FEMA RVs?

Did you know about buying used FEMA RVs?

At one time I considered doing this. I thought it would be fun to have an RV and to use it for travel and save hotel money. As recently as last year, there were still some FEMA trailers for sale in our area through a local RV dealer. I have not done a lot of homework in this area. I still like the idea of it. I had heard though that not all the FEMA trailers are equipped with standard options that I would want when traveling. And while it would surely save money on renting a hotel room, to make sure it was worth the investment, I would need to consider in the cost of motor home repairs that might be necessary. It could be feasible and one day I may consider buying a trailer. As for now, I think the price of gas may put a damper on any RV purchases for the near future.

No comments: