Monday, April 2, 2012

Did You Know How to Make Your Own Tomato Sauce?

Did you know how to make your own tomato sauce?

I often want to make my own tomato sauce but it always seems so involved. I made a quick and easy one today and it tasted really good! Based on a recipe I saw on tv and the recipe here, this is what I came up with:

First I boiled a few fairly soft tomatoes in water for about one minute. After cooling for a bit I removed skin and cores. Since I did not have time to deal with it I then put that in the fridge til today. When I was ready I added a bit of olive oil, onion and garlic to a pan and sauteed for a couple of minutes. Then I added some grated carrot and sliced zucchini. (I just realized I should have added some basil too!) Next I added the tomatoes I had saved and heated all this through while crushing up the tomatoes. This came out really nicely served over pasta and spinach. Yummy!

No comments: