Thursday, February 23, 2012

Did You Know About College Campus Visits?

Did you know about college campus visits?

While I thought I was done with campus visits for a few years, I offered to take some students with me on a recent trip to visit my son at his college. There was a high school day that day and our students were out of school so it worked out perfectly. While none of the students I took with me will likely attend the college my son attends, I think it is good for kids to visit a variety of schools and types of schools. I think it's wise for them to see small and large campuses, public and private schools. Having all the information possible and seeing a wide variety only helps the student narrow down what s/he is looking for-and to even know what they are looking for. It also helps to give them a feel for what these types of campuses are like. And can save heartache-and money-in the long run.

No comments: