Monday, February 19, 2007

Did You Know That Staying Up All Night Can Help With Jet Lag?

At least in my experience, this has been the case. I don't travel often, so when we take a really long journey, jet lag hits me hard. We have traveled several times overseas and it seems to take me a week or more to adjust to the 13 hour time difference.

However, on our last trip overseas, my sister mentioned that she stays up all night the night before her trips. This enables her to sleep on the plane, sort of thrusting her body into an artificial jet lagged state to begin with.

I tried it, and it really seemed to work for me. I was able to sleep on the plane much easier and when we reached our destination, it seemed to take less than a week to adjust to the time difference. I also had an easier time staying awake for the first few days, as my body had already been adjusting to the difference in night and day.

No comments: