Saturday, December 8, 2007

Did You Know How to Make Your Own Christmas Ornaments?

Did you know how to make your own Christmas ornaments?

I have not ever done this with my kids as I thought it would be too messy, too hard, too time consuming...but I went ahead and scheduled it for last week anyway. It turned out to be fairly easy, yes, a little messy, but lots of fun. I found the perfect salt dough recipe here . I love this recipe because as opposed to the others which have to sit for hours or days, you microwave your ornaments and then let them sit til cool. After they cool, you are ready to paint and decorate them. We used mostly water based paints, as well as some oil based ones, lots of glitter and glue too. We halved the recipe and ended up with 24 ornaments to decorate. The dough was great, easy to work with, and easy to paint. We all enjoyed this project. Here is a photo of our results.




No comments: