Friday, December 7, 2007

Did You Know About Earthshell Disposable Plates?

Did you know about Earthshell disposable plates?

I had never seen these before. But I found them at our grocery store the other day. They are 100% biodegradable because they are made from the starches of corn and potatoes mixed with limestone. Now that is amazing! I was eager to try these plates out. They did cost a little more than regular paper plates, but they performed better than the ones I normally buy. These plates are laminated to add strength and durability. They are microwaveable. I did find, though, that as I used it for seconds and reheated it again, some of the laminate did start to peel off a bit. Not bad, and not into my food. These plates claim to not get soggy (mine didn't) and to also be cut resistant (haven't tried that yet.) They are naturally white with no chlorine bleach. I love using these plates, knowing that I can have both convenience and still be good to the earth is a win-win feeling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I hadn't seen those before, but now I'll look for them. That's a great idea!

silken said...

yeah, I thought it was really cool when I saw them. I love that they are made from corn and potatoes-I think it's even kind of funny! but they work well-though I have had a little peeling of the laminate covering. I love the convenience and the 100% biodegradable. I hope you can find them. I looked up the website, but it was "under construction".