Saturday, April 25, 2009

Did You Know We Were Flooded In Last Night?

Did you know we were flooded in last night?

That's right, just one week after having our Jeep Cherokee put out of commission by flood water in our neighborhood, we got flooded in at my uncle's house! The rain came down quickly again, about five inches. The streets leading out of his neighborhood were all under water. I made it to a church parking lot but my dad's car died. We pushed it into the parking lot and sat a few minutes. Then I returned back to my uncles to dry off and wait it out. Soon after, my cousin returned. About an hour later, my parents returned. We all stayed there until nearly 2 am waiting til the waters receded enough for us to get out.

Even on the way home, we saw many abandoned cars. Those with small fancy cars were hopefully smart enough to stay out of it. I know replacing those Corvette and Ferrari parts are not something they want to do every time the streets flood!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad in all of this no one was hurt or suffered really serious damage. You seem to be getting huge amounts of rain all at the wame time!

silken said...

I know! it has been really wild! not my favorite way to end a drought!