Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Did You Know About Spinning Classes?

Did you know about spinning classes?


I've not been to spinning classes before. These are those "Nazi cycling" classes you hear about. We have just had a new YMCA built by our house. They are offering many new demo and introductory classes, among them Spinning 101. I've been wanting to try it, so over the past ten days I've been able to make four classes. These basic classes are perfect for spinning newbies like me. They begin by talking about the bike, how to adjust it properly and the terms used throughout the class. The teachers have all been great, patient and encouraging. The 101 class is short, scheduled for thirty minutes, but much of that time has been used just learning the ropes. One thing I really like about it is how individualized it is. You are in control of your speed, your resistance and how hard you work. I am ready to get a little more into it, though I do have to say my legs were burning today!

No comments: