Friday, April 18, 2008

Did You Know How My Daughter Got a Pearl Necklace?

Did you know how my daughter got a pearl necklace?

When my daughter was about five, she helped my husband at one of his camps by doing a skit. It is a really touching skit about a little girl who loved her dime store pearls. The skit meant so much to him, that for our daughter's birthday, he wanted to buy her a string of pearls. Being a minister, he could not afford a set of pearls for his young daughter. But he did find her a single pearl on an add-a-pearl necklace. Now this may not be Akoya pearls, but it is a pretty good start for a little girl.

4 comments:

Sire said...

And I am sure that it is something she will hold close to her heart for the rest of her life.

silken said...

I certainly hope so. I wish we could have already added a few more, but one day....

Anonymous said...

From a rich man, a gift of a pearl necklace is merely a bauble, but a single pearl given by a loving father is a treasure!

silken said...

a treasure indeed! I think one day she will realize just how much so....